Slow Cooker Lime Chicken Chili
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
Makes6 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 each medium sweet yellow, red and green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- In a large skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add chicken; cook and stir over medium heat for 8-9 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, lime juice, flour, cocoa, cumin, chili powder, coriander, lime zest, salt, garlic pepper and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- Place tortilla strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until crisp. Serve chili with sour cream and tortilla strips.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups with 10 tortilla strips and 1 tablespoon sour cream: 356 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 8g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Oct 3, 2016
Wonderful, simple and easy recipe! Tortillas were almost burned by 8 mins, so keep an eye on them! Didn't have any leftovers after making this! :) Would recommend!
Feb 25, 2016
Fantastic flavor! I will definitely be making this again, probably doubling it!
Jan 25, 2015
Good flavor ! Had no coriander but don't think we missed anything. Used cubed chicken breasts, cherry tomatoes and a small can of tomato sauce to replace the canned tomatoes. Nice sauce so will definitely make this again.
Jan 7, 2015
Delicious! I added an extra 1/2 t of salt cuz this was very limy! I love lime, but it was a little over powering till I added the extra salt. I tried it with and without the sour cream and preferred it without. I also used pre packaged tortilla strips that you use for salads. I also added some hot sauce to my portion to give it a little more kick. My husband doesn't like spicy foods so this will be perfect for him.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.