- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 package (8 ounces) no-cook lasagna noodles
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water, tomato paste, salt and oregano.
- Spread a fourth of the meat sauce in an ungreased 5-qt. slow cooker. Arrange a third of the noodles over sauce (break the noodles to fit if necessary). Combine cheeses; spoon a third of the mixture over noodles. Repeat layers twice. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until noodles are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Lasagna
"After I started making this, I began to wonder why all the work just to put it in a crock pot. It did taste okay, but I think I will stick with making lasagna and then baking it in the oven."
"I like the simplicity of this recipe. However, I am a very busy Mom, so I did not make my own sauce. Rather, I used Mid's brand pasta sauce with meat and mushrooms. I then added about half a cup of water around the sides of the crock-pot. It turned out absolutely perfect and delicious! We are a family of six, and the portion size of this recipe was great also!"
"This is now my all time favorite as well as my families favorite. They said the would rather have this one than the one I had done for years.It is great and simple and it doesn't take as much time to fix as it did my oven recipe. The only change I made was I left out tomato paste and replaced with one 14.5 ounce can of Hunts no salt diced tomatoes with Basil,Garlic & Oregano. This will be my forever Lasagna. A big shout out too Lisa Micheletti from Collierville, Tennessee. I am also from Tennessee."
"This is the best slow cooker lasagna that I have tried. I have a trick that I learned. Make a ring of foil wrap around the edges of the cooker before preparing lasagna. Only the sides, not the bottom. This way there are no noodle and cheese burnt spots on the edges. It works awesome. It also makes clean-up a breeze!"
"Perfect make ahead recipe! Delicious just as written but easy to adapt for any family to make their favorite."
"This was my first time making homemade Lasagna. I t was so easy and fun! I also used a crock pot liner which made clean up a breeze.to boost the flavor I used hot ground sausage mixed with 1 packet of dry French onion soup mix and added I egg to the cheese mixture which made it easy to spread,I also used the regular lasagna noodles and turned out great, flavorful!"
"I love using my slow cooker, and this was a hit!! A keeper!"
"This is amazingly good. easy to make just put it together and forget it type recipe. Loved it!"
"This was great. Next time I will add Italian sausage for a bit more flavor. But this is a keeper."