Slow-Cooker Jambalaya Risotto
I love risotto, but I don't always love the time and stirring it takes to get the creamy goodness. I found a slow-cooker risotto recipe and thought it was too good to be true. I decided to adapt a jambalaya recipe for this dish. —Angela Westra, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 2 hours
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined and tails removed
- 1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cook, covered, on high for 1-3/4 hours. Stir in shrimp, sausage and, if desired, cheese. Cook until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender, 10-15 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 335 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 1276mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Jambalaya Risotto in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.