- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons baking cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Combine the milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
- Spread into a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with chocolate chips. In another bowl, combine the remaining brown sugar and cocoa; stir in boiling water. Pour over batter (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4-1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Hot Fudge Cake
"I would give it 5 stars, but, despite showing a 5 star rating system, the software offered me a maximum of 4 stars. Very odd.I make it using the Reynolds liners for minimal clean-up. It does warm up in the microwave nicely. And, I put it all in my Kitchen Aid blender, which results in minimal clean-up.Add a tablespoon or two of cinnamon for a Mexican style chocolate cake, with an optional dash of maple EXTRACT not syrup (they are not the same). chocolate, caramel, and raspberry (add some real berries too) syrups are great toppings. Swirl in double the fruit cherry pie filling, or canned cherries, for a Black Forest effect. Add the syrup in the canned cherries to boiling water to make the total 1 3/4 cup of liquid. Another variation is to add a handful of Kraft caramels or chunks of Heath English toffee or butter toffee. It's a great recipe with many variations.Always use a good quality vanilla ice cream to cut the richness. A cheap one won't counter the richness as well. I make Ina Garten's vanilla ice cream with my Kitchen Aid ice cream attachment. VERY easy. I also use milk chocolate chips. We don't like the dark and semi-sweet. 2 hours works for my slow cooker. A great company dessert because you can have it ready without spending time away from guests in the kitchen. A wonderful dessert for game watching in the fall."
"this reminds me of "to die for" AKA "triple chocolate mess". the moisture is divine - who'd a thunk?"
"Excellent! Made for company and they loved it. Warm, gooey and lots of chocolate."
"Delicious!! easy and the whole family loved it!!"
"Made this yesterday and it is great! So good with ice cream. easy to make to"
"Looks great and so easy to make!"
"Made this sunday for the football game with tacos and everyone LOVE IT! Will make this again and again so easy and so good Thank you for this!!"