- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds), thinly sliced
- Additional sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, mix the first eight ingredients. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Pour beef and marinade into a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 5-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove beef to a serving platter; sprinkle with additional green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Garlic-Sesame Beef
"We loved this! It makes a ton of leftovers that are good for lettuce wraps, salad toppers, sandwiches, etc. Toasting the sesame seeds and using fresh garlic are key."
"Followed the recipe exactly and unfortunately, it was extremely bland. Will not be making this again."