Slow-Cooker Garlic-Rosemary Cauliflower Puree
I love this delicious fake take on mashed potatoes and it doesn't heat up my kitchen! Treat leftovers as you would leftover mashed potatoes for mock potato pancakes. —Sharon Gibson, Hendersonville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) spreadable garlic and herb cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream, warmed
- Optional: Additional minced fresh rosemary and pepper
- Place melted butter and onion in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add cauliflower; cook, covered, on high until cauliflower is tender, 3-4 hours.
- Process in batches in a food processor to desired consistency. Add remaining ingredients and process until blended. If desired, serve with additional rosemary and pepper.
Test Kitchen tips
Health Tip: At only 11g carbohydrates per serving, this is a flavorful lower-carb alternative to mashed potatoes.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 245 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Rosemary Cauliflower Puree in Simple & Delicious August/September 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.