This recipe is great for an easy meal, since the meat cooks all day without any attention. Kids of all ages are fond of these super sandwiches.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 to 4 whole peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Hard rolls or French bread
- Remove and discard all visible fat from roast; cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, bouillon and spices; pour over roast. Add water to almost cover roast. Cover and cook over low heat 10-12 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Remove meat from broth; reserve broth. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on hard rolls or French bread slices with broth. Yield: 12 sandwiches.
Originally published as French Dip Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p136