- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots (about 6 ounces)
- Hot cooked rice and lime wedges
- Chopped cashews and minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Place onions and peppers in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tablespoon curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt; place over vegetables.
- In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk, broth, garlic, pepper and the remaining curry powder and salt. Pour into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low 3-3-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender (a thermometer should read at least 165°), adding apricots during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with rice and lime wedges. If desired, sprinkle with cashews and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Curry Chicken
"Crossed this recipe with another similar from TOH (added a couple of chopped up potatoes.) Cooked it for 5 hours on low.I'm also a veteran of Ethiopian cooking, so I added a few sprinkles of Berbere powder to it all, along with using a whole 13.5 oz can of coconut milk. Added a whole packet (1 tsp) of chicken bullion powder to that when I whisked the whole thing together.Haven't eaten any yet, but it smells wonderful!"
"I made tonight exactly as written. We love curry and were excited to make this after seeing it published recently. Smelled fantastic while simmering in the crock pot. But my husband and I agreed, something was missing. It didn't balance quite right...needed maybe some brown sugar or additional spices. (We did add the nuts and lime wedges as mentioned in the optional section.)"