- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 medium Gala apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Dash ground ginger
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until cranberries pop and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate until cold. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Cran-Apple Chutney
"I'm giving this 3 stars cuz I haven't made it yet. It sounds exactly what I am looking for. My question: Can this be canned to give as gifts? It's a perfect holiday gift and I would like to make it way ahead since I have so many apples!!! Thanks."