My clan isn’t crazy for cranberries, but they can’t get enough of this delicious chutney. I recommend it for Thanksgiving as it tastes amazing paired with turkey, but it's also good on its own. —Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma
Featured In: 23 Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes for the Slow Cooker
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 medium Gala apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute equivalent to 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Dash ground ginger
- In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until cranberries pop and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Transfer to a small bowl; cool slightly. Refrigerate until cold. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Slow Cooker Cran-Apple Chutney in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p105