Slow Cooker Corned Beef Supper
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 pounds)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- Place onion in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with carrots, potatoes and brisket. Combine the apple juice, cloves, brown sugar, orange zest, mustard and contents of spice packet; pour over brisket. Cover and cook on high for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Add cabbage; cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until meat and vegetables are tender. Strain and discard cloves; serve pan juices with corned beef and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 541 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 1585mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 7g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 19, 2017
This was tasty! I had to cook the cabbage for over 45 min just to not be raw, but I love that the cabbage is not cooked the whole time. Overcooked cabbage ruins a dish.
Mar 18, 2017
This recipe was great!! The combination of flavors in the Vegetables were great as well as the Corned beef and it stayed juicy and didn't dry out. I would definitely recommend saving some of the extra broth throughout the meal as well as for your leftovers. ??
Mar 16, 2014
Super Easy - regret I did not have a larger cut of beef. Shared with my daughter also - it is a hit in our house!