- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1-2/3 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups cold 2% milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to a greased 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes. Spoon over cake batter; sprinkle with chocolate chips. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until a toothpick inserted in cake portion comes out with moist crumbs. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake
"Tried this with Red Velvet cake mix and it was to die for !"
"i made this yesterday. I thought it was terrible. Nothing like I thought it was going to taste like. so disappointing."
"I made this for my family on Valentine's Day and they were thrilled. We served it with vanilla ice cream. I will definitely make it again! I used the crockpot liner and am glad I did. No mess to clean up. I couldn't find devil's food cake s used German chocolate. Delicious. Only served the 4 of us. We had huge helpings. If I had company, I would try to double it."
"This was so easy and so delicious! I will make it again! It took three hours on high to cook."
"This turned out perfect! Took like 3 minutes to put together, than 3 hours in the crock pot. A really great flavor, I will definitely make this again when I have people over, it does make a lot. I don't like cakes with frosting or that are too sweet, so this was just my cup of tea. Now I'm wondering if you can use other flavors of cake mix and pudding..........."
"I made this and it literally tasted like nothing(plain oatmeal like)... It made my house smell good atleast"