Slow-Cooker Chicken & Sweet Potato Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 cups)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Kerrygold Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and tortilla chips
- In a greased 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken and sweet potatoes are tender, 5-6 hours. Serve with cheese, sour cream and chips.
Sep 30, 2019
My frozen corn seemed a little past its prime so I opted to cut fresh corn off the cob. Everyone really enjoyed this meal and requested I put it in our book of favorites. I also cooked it for 4 hours on high because I didn't get it into the crockpot as early as I'd planned. Everything was cooked just fine and I was pleased the potatoes weren't mushy; they were the perfect tenderness for this type of dish.
Jan 31, 2016
Love this recipe, it's super easy. I like to saute the onions before adding them so they aren't crunchy, but other than that it's a great recipe with an interesting and different flavor.
Aug 26, 2015
We love this recipe! changed it around a bit to add spices on top of sweet potatoes and it flavored them a bit better. Onions and tomatoes etc. on top of the chicken. Very good recipe!
Nov 21, 2014
Other than the fact that the sweet potatoes were still hard after all day in a slow cooker, I liked this recipe. Interesting combination of flavors and ingredients. As the other reviewer stated, the cinnamon really flavors this chili.
Sep 25, 2014
Excellent! I love how the cinnamon flavors this chili. I didn't have coriander so I used cumin and I made it on the stovetop since I don't have a slow cooker.