Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
When the Packers play the Bears, I always plan a party and make sure this is on the menu. Using the slow cooker means I can get to watch the game, too! I serve the chicken on submarine rolls with a bit of the sauce and some chopped lettuce. Or cut the chicken breasts in half and make sliders. —Bonnie Hawkins, Elkhorn, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 (6 ounces each ) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked pasta, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt. In another bowl, combine egg and water. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture to coat both sides (patting to help adhere). Repeat.
- 2. Transfer chicken to slow cooker. Pour sauce over chicken and top with cheese. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, about 4-6 hours. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.
1 serving: 475 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1689mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 50g protein.
Jan 7, 2019My family loved this recipe! It was quick and easy to put together and the chicken was cooked in 4 hours. This recipe will stay in my slow cooker meals rotations!
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC