Slow Cooker Cheese Dip Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Stir in cheese and tomatoes.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2 quarts.
If you're planning on serving Slow Cooker Cheese Dip at a holiday party or family get-to-gether, make it ahead and freeze it. Than all you need to do is thaw and reheat it.
Reviews for Slow Cooker Cheese Dip
"Delicious, loved the little bit of spice. Does make a lot."
"this looks so yummt! But If u cant stand the heat, what can u use instead of the diced tomatoes with green chilis?"
"This is amazing! And a good change of just plain cheese dip. I never have any leftovers of this."
"This makes a TON of dip, so if you're not feeding an enormous crowd cut it in half. It's really good. I made a half recipe for a birthday party of about 15-20 people and still had a lot left over."
"we add fresh mushrooms, sliced black olives, sm can of diced jalepanos, a can of gr chilis and a can of cond. milk (can be ladeled over chips easier) and spicey sausage or hamb."
"I make a similar dip with 1 pound roll of breakfast sausage, 2 pounds Velveeta and 1 undrained can diced tomatoes and green chilies. It has been a family favorite for years."