- 18 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup amber beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Soft pretzel bites
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mustard and garlic powder until smooth. Stir in beer, cheese and all but 2 tablespoons bacon. Cook, covered, on low, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 3-4 hours.
- In last 30 minutes, stir in heavy cream. Top with onion and remaining bacon. Serve with pretzel bun bites. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Cheddar Bacon Ale Dip
"This was delicious - the mustard gave it a bit of kick. I really appreciated how all the flavors came through."
"Oh my goodness, this recipe was a hit. I baked freezer pretzels, cut into bite sized pieces, instead of the pretzel buns. Will definitely make again!"
"I made this for Thanksgiving and had to hand the recipe out to more than one person. I served it with pretzel cornbread. It was awesome."