- 4 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or beef broth
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 8-9 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices.
- Cook, covered, on high until gravy is thickened, about 15 minutes. Serve with noodles. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Burgundy Beef
"It sounds great, but $32.00 alone for the top sirloin. I'd have to pass on this one."
"I assume this will be good, but my comment is about the recipe in general. Step 2, stir cornstarch mixture into pan juices?????????? Editors??"
"Cut back in the onions, otherwise great."
"I made this for my mother's birthday dinner and everyone loved it. I used a Pinot Noir and Amish noodles. Delicious!"
"This was just OK, too many onions, and we love onions, too spicey, my 87 year father, who will eat anything gave it a rating of 3 out of 10. Alway try a receipe twice, will make again, with less onions, less paprika"
"This recipe is AWESOME..and we used a bag of Amish noodles that we found in the grocery store..and they were excellent with this. I will always make this recipes...thanks!"