- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1-3/4 cups dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 pound whole fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 24 pearl onions, peeled (about 2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked whole wheat egg noodles, optional
- Place beef in a large resealable plastic bag; add wine, oil and seasonings. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add mushrooms and onions to drippings; cook and stir over medium-high heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade; transfer beef to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with flour and salt; toss to coat. Top with bacon and mushroom mixture. Add reserved marinade.
- Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until beef is tender. Remove bay leaf. If desired, serve stew with noodles. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews forSlow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon
"This is a beautiful date meal that doesn't take a lot of work! The crockpot keeps everything juicy & flavors through so perfectly. This is truly a decadent meal that tastes like you worked all day long making it!"
"Great recipe, the hardest part was peeling the onions."
"Very tasty and relatively easy to fix."