- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Place mushrooms and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; brown meat in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high 15-30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Beef Tips
"Could this be made with boneless chicken breast?????"
"This wasn't bad but I felt like it was lacking. I probably won't make this recipe again."
"This recipe was delicious. It was easy to put together and made the whole house smell divine as it cooked. The meat was so tender, I forgot it was sirloin! My roommate hates mushrooms but she raved over this dish. This one goes in the regular rotation."
"Comfort food at its best! The meat was incredibly tender, and I even used a tougher cut than the sirloin. I used chuck steak. The slow cooker and delicious sauce worked their magic and transformed it into a melt-in-your mouth dish that I will definitely make again and again. Kid approved too!"
"easy to make and very tender."
"My family loved this! When my grown daughter left for the evening, she "stole" the leftovers for her lunch at work the next day! Simple and easy and delicious!! Will make often."
"This was good and easy. Everyone liked it. Thanks"
"I am not a fan of beef roast or tips so to be honest, I did not care for this. However, the people I made this for, raved about it. I didn't have a single leftover."