- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound), cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup dry red wine or beef broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes
- Place mushrooms and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat; brown meat in batches, adding additional oil as needed. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
- Add wine to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in broth and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high 15-30 minutes or until gravy is thickened. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker Beef Tips
"This was a good recipe. My whole family enjoyed it."
"This was delicious! I used red wine, and it really brought out the flavor in this dish! I will definitely make this again."
"My family loved this delicious recipe! We'll be making this all fall and winter. Served with mashed potatoes and caesar salad."
"We loved this! My husband is unbelievably picky, so when he said it was comfort food at it's best, I knew I'd made a winner! I used a bottom sirloin, so a little cheaper cut and it was perfect. To add a little more flavor to the broth, I did stir in a Tbsp of beef bouillon powder and I had to use quite a bit more cornstarch to thicken the broth to a nice gravy consistency. I made slow cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes along side this and all I had to do for dinner after work was thicken the juice and heat up a veggie. Perfect!"
"Could this be made with boneless chicken breast?????"
"This wasn't bad but I felt like it was lacking. I probably won't make this recipe again."
"This recipe was delicious. It was easy to put together and made the whole house smell divine as it cooked. The meat was so tender, I forgot it was sirloin! My roommate hates mushrooms but she raved over this dish. This one goes in the regular rotation."
"Comfort food at its best! The meat was incredibly tender, and I even used a tougher cut than the sirloin. I used chuck steak. The slow cooker and delicious sauce worked their magic and transformed it into a melt-in-your mouth dish that I will definitely make again and again. Kid approved too!"
"easy to make and very tender."