Slow Cooker Beef Chuck Roast
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), cut in half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Dash salt and pepper
- Mix first 10 ingredients. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with sauce mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a saucepan; skim fat. Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with roast.
Nutrition Facts5 ounces cooked beef: 338 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 14, 2013
Planning to make this this week (probably Wednesday 10/1613), will be using meat for making soup. Although my husband isn't crazy over soup (he says it's not really filling), cooking it in crock opot to ensure tenderness, then transferring to Dutch Oven, finishing it up with homemade dumplings may just be the ticket!! Joscy
May 16, 2012
This was just ok. My family didn't care for the taste of the gravy.
Jan 15, 2012
This was so good! I was planning on using the beef in a different recipe, but once I tasted it, I thought it was too good so we just ate it as it was. This is definitely my go-to roast recipe now.
Oct 17, 2011
Had Mother-in-law over for dinner~ everyone loved the roast. And no one had any idea I used coffee!