- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 pounds), cut in half
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- Dash salt and pepper
- Mix first 10 ingredients. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker; top with sauce mixture. Cook, covered, on low until meat is tender, 5-6 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker; keep warm. Transfer cooking juices to a saucepan; skim fat. Mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper. Serve with roast.
5 ounces cooked beef: 338 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 458mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.