- 6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Using a sharp knife, cut through the joint of each leg quarter to separate into two pieces. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, vinegar, oil, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; pour into a measuring cup to measure 2 cups. Transfer to a small saucepan; bring to a boil. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSlow Cooker BBQ Chicken
"I used 2 leg quarters and made half the sauce. It came out very well. Like others, I would reduce or exclude the oil next time."
"Used boneless skinless thighs about 12 or so and it turned out great. I like to try that goes in a slow cooker and this is a keeper. Family loved it"
"This was very good! I used 8 boneless/skinless thighs and it was done in about 5 hours. Next time I will cut way back on or eliminate the oil completely. It really didn't need to be there. It's a very different BBQ flavor but we really enjoyed it."
"We loved the sauce....probably don't need as much oil though."
"chicken was nice and moist - but it becomes very challenging to eat with so many bones, etc. to filter through. The sauce flavour was ok."
"I cut the recipe in 1/2 to fit in my mini crock pot for one. It tastes good, probably would use less brown sugar next time. Used red wine and some basalmic vinegar in place of wine vineegar which I don't keep in the pantry.."
"I made this exactly as given and found there was too much oil. I didn't care for the flavor of the sauce but son did like. Just because it's not my to my liking doesn't mean others won't like it. Enjoy!"