Slow Cooker Barbeque Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 1 Hormel lemon-garlic pork loin filet (about 1-1/3 pounds)
- 1 can (12 ounces) Dr Pepper
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Place pork in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Pour Dr Pepper over top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Discard cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through. Serve on buns.
Freeze option: Place individual portions of cooled meat mixture and juice in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 348 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 1695mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 11, 2015
This recipe is super, super easy and Oh MY Goodness SO yummy!
Apr 10, 2014
offering ****4 stars**** since just saved today, Am wondering--may Iuse sugar free root beer in recipe? If not recommended, may I use regular with water added. Have Type I Diabetes, must watch carb.count. Thank you for reply. Sincerely.