- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup shredded Manchego or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, whisk the first six ingredients until blended. Stir in pasta and cheeses; transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, on low 3-3-1/2 hours or until pasta is tender. Turn off slow cooker; remove insert. Let stand, uncovered, 15 minutes before serving. Top with bacon. Yield: 18 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews forSlow Cooker Bacon Mac & Cheese
"This was ready in 2 1/2 - 3 hours - so like another review said - watch your cooking times or you get mush. I add 1 Tablespoon Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning; 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic and 1/2 finely diced small red onion for extra flavor - Yum!!!!"
"I was very disappointed. Tasted bland to me."
"This turned out to be a curdled mess and was pretty tasteless. I ended up throwing it in the garbage. I'd never make it again."
"Yum!! This was easy to put together ahead of time. I added some Worstershire, dry mustard, and a little cayenne; as I do with most of time when I make Mac and Cheese. It did not take as long as the directions said. I had tasted it at 2 ? hours and thought it was about ready but let it go 15 minutes longer, it came out a bit mushy. So I recommend tasting it and not going with 3 – 3/12 hours right away."
"Amazing! And so easy - I just did it all in the slow-cooker. No muss, no fuss!"