Slow-Cooked Turkey White Bean Soup
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) beef broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook and stir until no longer pink. Drain. Transfer to a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 318 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 902mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 7, 2011
Do u think this would taste good if made with chicken instead of turkey?
Oct 4, 2011
I didn't have turkey so I used smoked sausage, I also used roasted diced tomatoes. I also added 1 pkg of frozen spinach. This was excellent will be making it again.
Jan 23, 2011
This was great! I didn't make it in the crock pot - just threw everything in the dutch oven and let it simmer on the stove for 30 minutes. It was great!
Nov 17, 2010
Love the flavor of this soup. The sausage gives it a little something different. It was very easy and very filling. My husband is a BIG fan!
Nov 2, 2010
Simple to make. Great taste.