Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion, celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain if necessary. Stir in the soup, ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and pepper. Transfer to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
1 sandwich: 247 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes
"Very good; even for a 2.5 year old toddler. Left out the onion upon husband's request and it still turned out yummy!"
"Doubled everything & put in my 5 quart slow cooker. Onions not required. Delicious!- Theresa"
"Wonderful and easy!"
"I wasn't so sure about using tomato soup in this but it turned out great! Even my son loved it and he can be quite the picky eater!"
"I also used yellow pepper because that is what I had. Delicious!"
"Not bad for the 1st time we had ground turkey."