Slow-Cooked Turkey Breasts with Cranberry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place turkey breasts in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, mix cranberry sauce, 1/2 cup water and soup mix. Pour half over turkey. Cook, covered, on low until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-6 hours. Remove turkey. Transfer cooking juices and remaining cranberry mixture to a large saucepan.
- When meat is cool enough to handle, shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; keep warm. Meanwhile, bring cooking juices and cranberry mixture to a boil. Mix cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with turkey.
Nutrition Facts6 ounces cooked turkey: 189 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 36g protein.
Oct 28, 2010
My husband is a dark meat man. He says the breast is too dry...not any more! This is such a great way to play Thaksgiving on a busy Tuesday night! My kids love it, and the sauce is good on stuffing or mashed potatoes! Plus the conveneince of the crock pot means I can make a pie too! Yum Yummy!