- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Cut four 20x3-in. strips of heavy-duty foil; crisscross so they resemble spokes of a wheel. Place strips on the bottom and up the sides of a 3-qt. slow cooker. Coat strips with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into a round loaf. Place meat loaf in the center of the strips. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar and hot sauce; pour over meat loaf during the last hour of cooking. Let stand for 10 minutes. Using foil strips as handles, remove the meat loaf to a platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Taco Meat Loaf
"Totally awesome! Everyone loves it! So easy to make!"
"Did not really care for this. A bit too mushy for me."
"This was delicious. Even my picky son had two heaping helpings! We all loved it!"
"My husband always groans and rolls his eyes when I say I'm making meatloaf for dinner, but no more! We loved this -- so flavorful! I made it exactly as written, but cut the calories by using 96% lean beef, reduced-fat cheese, and baked tortilla chips. I might add a can of chopped green chilies next time, just for a little extra zip. This will be our go-to meatloaf recipe from now on."
"easy, GREAT TASTE, even good when it 's cold. This is a KEEPER!!!!"
"Not a big meatloaf fan until I tried this recipe"
"Leftovers make GREAT Meatloaf Tacos. Just heat up the meatloaf, slice it and place in taco shells. Top with jack cheese, chopped tomatoes, and shredded lettuce. Favorite Salsa on the side. Fantastic!!CEA"
"Taste wonderful. I made it a little too sweet. Will cut down on the brown sugar a bit."
"I made the a couple nights ago, my kids don't care for meat loaf but they loved this one. I added some diced Jalepenos for alittle more zip!"