- 4 cups reduced-sodium V8 juice
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Hot cooked noodles
In a large bowl, combine the V8, tapioca, sugar and pepper; let stand for 15 minutes. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beans, carrots, celery and onion. Top with beef. Add V8 mixture. Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or until beef is tender. Serve over noodles.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled stew in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth or water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Stew
"Yum! We served as a soup without noodles and it was delicious. We had no baby carrots on hand and instead chopped up 2 regular carrots. Definitely worth making!~ Theresa"