Slow-Cooked Spaghetti and Meatball Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
Makes20 servings (about 4-1/2 quarts)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, cut into bite-size pieces
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs with remaining onion.
- Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker; add the tomato juice, tomatoes, tomato sauce, celery, bay leaves, garlic and Italian seasoning. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until heated through. Discard bay leaves. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 135 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 550mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Jan 5, 2015
My family really enjoyed this meal. My husband who doesn't like spaghetti at all loved it and he thought the meatballs were great in it. The only thing I did differently was I used garlic powder in place of the minced garlic.
Dec 5, 2013
Lacked flavor and I even added an egg and Italian seasoning. Husband said it needed sugar, kids did not like. I will not make this again. Good thing I halved the recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.