Slow-Cooked Shredded Beef Sandwiches
In Auburn, Kansas, Myra Innes finds it easy to feed a crowd with this tender and tasty beef on hamburger buns. "The recipe came from my grandchildren's third grade teacher, and it remains one of our favorites," she says.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 10 hours
- 1 boneless beef roast (3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine onion, vinegar, bay leaves, salt if desired, cloves and garlic powder; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until the meat is very tender. Discard bay leaves. Remove meat and shred with a fork. Serve on buns.