Slow-Cooked Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cut roast in half. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork roast on all sides.
- 3. Place roast in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour sauce over roast and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 202 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Pork Roast
"I used pineapple chunks and mashed them a bit. I used just one can and added a cup of water. I followed the rest of the recipe. I served rice on side, using the juice in crockpot, on the rice. Was a nice blend of flavors."
"I have made this recipe several times. My family loves it! The only change I make is to omit the lemon peel and smoke flavoring. Other than that, I keep it as is. I am never sure how long to cook it however, as the recipe says 6-7 hours and also 4 hours plus standing. I usually cook it the full time, but it always just falls apart. I think I will cut back the cooking time to 4-5 hours and see what happens. Delicious!!"
"Will definitely make this again. It's a good, solid recipe. The meat was so tender--it looked nothing like the photo because it all fell apart! I used fresh rosemary, and it might've been a little strong. Otherwise, great."
"Completely delicious recipe but 6-7 hours is far too long to cook a roast you've cut in half. The pork becomes very dry. particularly when cut in half! Cut the cooking time back by at least two hours. Other than that, it's a great recipe!"
"Very delicious!!! The only thing I did differently was use a little bit of bacon renderings, white wine, a squirt of the concentrated lemon juice instead of peel, and half a packet of lipton onion powder packet."
"We loved it"
"Little confused regarding cook time (4 hrs versus recipe reads 6-7 hours). Also not sure why recipe says to cut the roast in half .. I left it whole."
"omg. this is the best. we served with grilled asparagus garlic mashed potatoes"