- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup cola
- 8 to 10 sandwich rolls, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with a fork and return to the slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and cola; pour over meat. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until sauce is thickened. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Pork Barbecue
"This recipe turned out very well. I used a 4lb. pork roast that ended up requiring well over the allotted time to adequately tenderize. I picked it apart with my hands to simplify and expedite the shredding process. I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce and Coke Zero. It was a hit and I will make it again!"
"I would definitely make this receipe again. I took it to a church potluck and it went over great!"
"yes, but with changes by using Mrs Dash seasonings. It has far to much sodium and cholesterol, but very tasty. I could only eat 1/4 of the sandwich because of the sodium content."
"This turned out awesome. The garlic powder and salt were the base for the flavor. I used the hickory and brown sugar bottled BBQ sauce and found I needed to add another bottle. Then it was perfect. Excellent for a football party."
"This was okay, just not very flavorful. We'll try a different pork barbecue recipe next time."