- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) pasta sauce
- 2 jars (4-1/2 ounces each) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon half of mixture into a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with half of the noodles, pepperoni and cheeses. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Pizza Casserole
"The only reason I'm giving this a low rating is because it's not really a slow cooker recipe. Everything needs to be cooked basically before it hits the crock pot. The only thing left to do is melt the cheese which can be done in the oven and for sure won't take 5 hours."
"Good and tasty. Good recipe to improve on. I added green pepper and other veg. so delicious!"
"I halfed it, and used olives instead of pepperoni 'cause that's what I had on hand. My hubby and 2 sons loved it, my 5yo has asked me several times when I will make this again!"
"I loved this recipe!!I served it for some guests and they all loved it too . I didn't add mushrooms to it though. 5 stars for this recipe!"
"i make this for my family for two resons: one we all love it Two it gets me on my inlaws good side every time. i make mine with fresh pepperoni from the deli, and lay it on thick. It comes out amzing every time. i have even baked what wouldn't fit in my slow cooker in the oven untill the top was nice and crispy and thats just as grate. You just can't go roung with this recipe"
"i liked this recipe, the only thing is that instead of layering the ingreidents i mix it all together in a big bowl"
"I LOVE this recipe and always use it for family reunions. Never a bit leftover. I agree with Ruby, I sneak in as many veggies as possible and my kids eat it unknowingly. I also substitute jarred pizza sauce instead of spaghetti sauce to make it taste more like pizza."
"I jazz up this recipe by sneaking in lots of veggies like peppers and shredded carrots, and the boys still love it!"
"I've done several variations of this with sausage, canadian bacon, olives, bell peppers, and anything else one would like on a pizza. Using a different noodle (penne, lasagne noodles, tri-color spirals, etc.) makes it not-so-boring too"
"This definitely sounds like a good recipe; however, to make it more Weight Watcher appealing I would add Canadian Bacon in place of the pepperoni. I also would use whole wheat pasta."