Slow-Cooked Orange Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Additional minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken juices run clear.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid. Cover and cook on high for 30-45 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice and sprinkle with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice): 364 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 515mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein.
Jan 21, 2014
Have to try this slow cook chicken soon. Also notice it is *diabetic friendly* which suits me. Thank you.
Aug 11, 2013
I made the Orange Chicken in the slow cooker when I got home from church today. I loved it. I did not add any mushrooms that it called for. I also did not add any Bell Green Pepper either. But, I loved it anyway. Yes, I will make it again.
Sep 23, 2012
Nice and easy
Aug 2, 2010
Not enough flavor...Will not make this again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.