- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 1 carton (32 ounces) beef broth
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup dry red wine or additional water
- 3/4 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach (about 5 ounces)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place first eleven ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender and flavors are blended, 5-6 hours.
- Stir in pasta; cook, covered, on high until pasta is tender, 15-20 minutes. Discard bay leaf; stir in spinach until wilted. Serve with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Meatball Soup
"I just made this and I have to say YUM!!! This is my first time making it and I know I will be making it again! Thanks for this great recipe!!!"