Slow-Cooked Lemon Red Potatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- 2. Combine the butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: If you are making these for company and need to save the stovetop for other dishes, the potatoes may be cooked in a slow cooker. Just place the potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a covered 3-qt. slow cooker for 2-1/2 to 3 hours on high. Then proceed as recipe directs.
1 each: 150 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.