Slow-Cooked Lemon Red Potatoes
Butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives enhance this simple side dish. They also cook up nicely in a slow cooker.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a strip of peel from around the middle of each potato. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice, parsley and chives. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
Editor's Note: If you are making these for company and need to save the stovetop for other dishes, the potatoes may be cooked in a slow cooker. Just place the potatoes and 1/4 cup water in a covered 3-qt. slow cooker for 2-1/2 to 3 hours on high. Then proceed as recipe directs.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 150 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 85mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Red Potatoes in The Taste of Home Cookbook 1st edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.