- 16 cups frozen french-style green beans (about 48 ounces), thawed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place beans in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Mix remaining ingredients; pour over beans and toss to coat. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 2-3 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Green Beans
"I used the big can of Cut Green Beans from Sam's and drained them. Placed in Crock Pot, mixed the stick of melted butter, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic salt together and poured over them. Set it on low for 2 and half hours. So easy. They were delicious! Wouldn't change a thing!"
"When you are busy serving a large crowd this is the perfect dish!"
"Cut the recipe in half for 1st try. LOVED it. Picky daughter even liked them!!"
"I used 4 12 oz bags of green beans. Two French style and two regular cut. These beans were very easy and making it in the slow cooker made it very convenient for Thanksgiving. I used four cloves of fresh garlic that I saut?ed in the butter and added thin sliced almonds. Everyone liked the beans, but felt that I should have doubled the sauce. We really couldn't taste the the sauce, but there were a lot of beans to cover. I will try these again. Thank you for sharing!"
"easy and good! I divided the recipe in half for my family."
"These were wonderful! Will be making for Thanksgiving this year. Used three 16 oz. packages of frozen green beans. My store did not have french-style so used the thin extra long green beans. Great recipe to free up oven space and cooking time for the big day!"
"This was easy and cheap to put together. It tasted great too. I will definitely be making this again."