- 1 flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds), cut in half
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, brown steak in oil; transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion for 1 minute. Gradually add water, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Pour over the flank steak. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the meat is tender. Slice the meat; serve with onion and pan juices. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Flank Steak
"I cooked this today. I cooked it on low for about 9 hours, wonderful"
"We all love this!!!! We can't find flank steak but have used chuck roast instead. It is now one of our favorite meals."
"I love this recipe. My family was happily surprised of how tender and juicy the flank steak was. I've added this one to my recipe box . It'll be a regular in our dinner menun."
"This was great, BUT, added a lot to it. Started with sealing the meat with salt, pepper, garlic sale, pepper before cooking, browned. Then added onions, garlic, & browned. Added water, red wine, & light on other seasoning. When put into crock pot, as cooking, added, red pepper flakes, honey, honey bbq sauce, garlic powder, hot paprika seasoning, Cajun seasoning, more salt & pepper as needed, balsamic vinegar, it was over the top delicious, served with scallop potatoes, but with all the sauce left, will do garlic mashed potatoes next time!!"
"Loved this. We're are a family of 7 and did double flank steak portions and it turned out perfect. Nothing leftover!"
"I thought I'd add to my previous comments, that I ALWAYS cook two flank steaks at the same time...(Yes stacked in the the same crock-pot). Sometimes I double the spices and onion, sometimes I don't...but BOTH always turn out perfect!"
"It was ok.... Seemed to be missing something.. couldnt figure out what it was. Husband said it was spicy.. but missing flavor"
"I wanted to add something else to my comment. I did cook the steak for 7 hours and I did find it a bit dry. I then tried 4-5 on high and it was fantastic."
"This recipe was fantastic! I rarely eat beef, but this has been something I have made at least 3 times since I tired it 1 month ago."
"This is the best steak recipe I have ever tried. We liked it so much we made it twice in one week. Kudo's to the person who sent in the recipe."