Slow-Cooked Fish Stew
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6-1/2 hours
Makes8 servings (3 quarts)
- 1 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional vegetable broth
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 15 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaf. Stir in cod, tomatoes and milk; cook, covered, 30-35 minutes longer or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 186 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 4, 2015
This was very bland made as directed. Baby Lima's were under done. Cod was not light & flakey but pulled into little chewy knots. I had leftovers and had to add red pepper flakes, a mixed seafood seasoning, more garlic, and sage. It was then fairly good.