- 1 pound potatoes (about 2 medium), peeled and finely chopped
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional vegetable broth
- 1 pound cod fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 15 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove bay leaf. Stir in cod, tomatoes and milk; cook, covered, 30-35 minutes longer or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Fish Stew
"This was very bland made as directed. Baby Lima's were under done. Cod was not light & flakey but pulled into little chewy knots. I had leftovers and had to add red pepper flakes, a mixed seafood seasoning, more garlic, and sage. It was then fairly good."