I wanted to find a creative way to use my leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving dinner. This sounds like an unlikely combination, but the results are incredible! —Lisa Workman, Boones Mill, Virginia
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (10 ounces each), skin removed
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine cranberries, brown sugar, molasses, orange juice, vinegar and mustard; pour over chicken.
- Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove meat from bone or shred if desired. Serve with cranberry mixture and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Cranberry Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2017, p35