Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
Makes12 servings (about 3 quarts)
- 5 cups water
- 5 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 8 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 5-6 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk and parsley; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 197 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 626mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 8, 2010
This was in your vegetarian slow cooker menus. It's not vegetarian with chicken bouillon!!! Please correct this.
Jan 1, 2009
This was a good soup but I was looking for a chowder (thicker/creamier). If I were to make this again, I would add chicken or turkey & more carrots or other vegetables.