Slow-Cooked Chicken Chili Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is browned. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, corn and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Garnish with sour cream and cheese if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 318 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1092mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 6g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Slow-Cooked Chicken Chili
"This is a delicious recipe that lends itself to experimentation. I eliminated the veg. oil to save calories and cooked the chicken and onion in cooking spray. I added some chili powder and dried chili flakes for a bit more heat. I used half the chicken, one can of diced tomatoes and one can green chilis as well as the beans. I also added some yellow squash I had deseeded and chopped and added some cilantro...I am retired so don't use a slow cooker much. I cooked this on top of the stove and simmered for about 45 min. Great taste."
"Not much flavor"
"I liked this much better the second day after all the flavors settled. I shredded the chicken. This was delicious with cheese and sour cream topping was added. I also chose to use mixed veggies instead of just carrots."
"I had some extra dark red kidney beans, so I added those. I didn't have to cook the chicken ahead of time. It cooked in the crock pot durring the 5 hours. It was perfect and everyone kept asking for the recipe! Thank you!"
"My family truly enjoys this recipe. We make it several times a month."
"Absolutely loved this recipe. I took this to a potluck, and everyone loved. Great flavor."