Slow-Cooked Calico Beans
My sister-in-law gave me the recipe for these hearty beans that make an appearance at all of our family functions. The ingredients slowly cook to perfection for a mouthwatering sweet-and-smoky flavor. Everyone will be going back for seconds!
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker. Add the beans, pineapple, onion, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar and mustard.
- Cover and cook on low until heated through, 6-8 hours. Just before serving, stir in bacon.