We make this during holidays or on mornings when we know we're going to have a busy day. You can set this to cook overnight on low for an early breakfast, or for three hours on high for a leisurely brunch. —Delisha Paris, Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes to Make This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 pounds potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1/2-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound cubed deli ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes and water in a large microwave-safe dish. Microwave, covered, on high until potatoes are tender, 6 minutes, stirring halfway. Drain and add to sausage.
- Stir in onion, sweet red pepper, spinach mushrooms, ham and cheese. Transfer to a greased 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until blended; pour over sausage mixture. Cook, covered, on low until eggs are set, 3-4 hours. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Slow-Cooked Big Breakfast in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p96