Slow-Cooked Beef ‘n’ Veggies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless beef top round steak (1/2 pound), cut into 2 pieces
- Dash seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce, optional
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into small chunks
- Sprinkle 1 side of steak with seasoned salt if desired and pepper; sprinkle other side with garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or overnight.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the salad dressing, water and browning sauce. Add carrots and potatoes; toss to coat. Add steak and coat with sauce. Top with onion and green pepper.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, 8-9 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 505 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 29g protein.
May 13, 2019
I ended up adding a packet of beef stew dry seasoning. The Italian dressing made it a little too wangy for me. If you're the type of person that pours Italian dressing on your steaks then this is the recipe for you.
Oct 8, 2012
I used fat free Italian Dressing instead of the regular, and since my roast had a little fat on it, it didn't taste like a no fat recipe. It was still very moist and had depth to the flavor. Next time I will either boost my slow cooker up to high or cook for longer because although my meat was cooked after 8 hrs on low, my carrots were still too crisp and we like lthem soft with a pot roast.
May 12, 2009
SOUNDS GREAT. I WILL TRY IT. WE NEED MORE 2 PEOPLE RECIPES.