- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/3 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Cut the roast into quarters; place in a greased 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, green pepper, onion, mustard and brown sugar; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast and thinly slice; return meat to slow cooker and stir gently. Cover and cook 20-30 minutes longer. Skim fat from sauce. Serve beef and sauce on rolls. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Beef Barbecue
"We really enjoyed this BBQ. Make sure you return it to the slow cooker after slicing (or shedding as the case may be) so the juicies are incorporated throughout; otherwise, it is a little dry."