Buffets are my favorite way to feed a crowd. This fruity cider can be made ahead, then kept warm in a slow cooker so people can serve themselves. —Kathy Wells, Brodhead, Wisconsin
Featured In: 23 Apple Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), broken
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Place cinnamon sticks and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a bag.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the cider, cranberry juice and brown sugar add spice bag. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or until cider reaches desired temperature. Discard spice bag. Yield: 11 cups.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Cider in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p112
Reviews forSlow-Cooked Apple Cranberry Cider
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2014
"Delicious and perfect on a windy Fall day!"