Slow and Easy Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1/2 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 envelopes chili seasoning
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until thickened and heated through, stirring occasionally. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 228 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 1275mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 14g protein.
Jan 5, 2019
I liked the consistency of this chili. I only used one packet of the chili seasoning to cut back on sodium.
Feb 17, 2016
I prepared this recipe for our lunch today and it was delicious. I cooked it in the slow cooker on high for about 3 1/2 hours and it was done. We will have this again. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor.
Nov 18, 2014
Has a slight kick. My family loved it.
Apr 13, 2011
Excellent Chili!! I did add a can of kidney beans to mine. Was very good. Will make again very soon
Jan 31, 2010
My family thoroughly enjoyed this chili! It only took half of the cook time, which was nice because the smell teased me the entire time it was cooking:) I served it in bread bowls and topped with the cheddar cheese, as well as some sour cream. Will definitely be making this meal over and over again!!