Sloppy Joe Wagon Wheels
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) wagon wheel pasta
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (15-1/2 ounces) sloppy joe sauce
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sloppy joe sauce; cook until heated through.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large serving bowl; top with beef mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 461 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Jul 13, 2015
My husband and daughter liked this. The meat sauce has a tanginess to it which is good. I thought the green pepper was a bit overwhelming, so next time I will chop it smaller and use less. we have plenty of leftovers to freeze for a couple of quick work night meals.
Mar 22, 2012
First off I couldn't find chuck wagon noodles so I used Bow Tie noodles. It wasn't the best recipe. It was decent but lacked the flavor I would like to have. Was easy and inexpensive, but I don't think this will be a recipe I use again.
Jan 4, 2011
I made this for myself, my husband and the 4 kids I watch during the day. They all loved it, including my more picky eater. I cut the recipe in half and it made quite a lot. We even had leftovers. I'd definitely make this again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.